Friday, December 15, 2017

Totes of Shame

While giving my sewing room a long overdue and much needed cleaning I rounded up all my unfinished items and put them in totes. The Totes of Same.

It's so close to the end of the year it's very unlikely I'm going to be able to do anything about the UFOs I've accumulated. To be fair to me, these projects aren't all from this year.  Some have been waiting patiently for a few years to be finished.

I won't lie to myself and say I'll have them all finished by the end of 2018. I'm not sure what my goal should be. Cut the number of items in the totes by half? No new UFOs can be placed into the totes until another is finished (ha!!!)? Quite a few of these projects are great basics to have. Not the most exciting to sew which is probably why they're in the totes.



In the Totes of Shame:

  • Regency pelisse - this I HAD finished in a rush and was unhappy with the trim. I started taking to apart to redo that and left it languishing
  • Riding habit petticoat that needs the waist taken in
  • Victorian skirt that needs a hook & eye closure 
  • 18th century waistcoat that needs buttonholes
  • 18th century market hat (started at the first Dress U
  • Flannel Regency shift
  • 18th century riding habit shirt
  • Late Victorian coat 
  • Late Victorian bustle cage
  • 1920s foxtrot handbag
  • Victorian seaside dress
  • 18th century cap

This doesn't even include items wearable but I want to go back and adjust. 

2 comments:

  1. I have Totes of Shame too, and ambitious plans to finish the things in them, haha. I think anyone who's been sewing for a while probably does!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pelisse would have come in super handy this fall too! I guess my lesson learned there is not to undo things until I have the time to rework them (instead of thinking I'll remember I took it apart and get back to it).

      I think I'll start by grabbing one of the easy to finish projects first to get me going. Maybe that'll motivate me to finish a few more. If nothing else it'll be one less UFO!

      Delete