Monday, October 7, 2013

The Burton Dress

I've begun my Halloween party dress. The theme for this year is "black and orange". Joann's had this fun stripe in the quilting fabric section, and I could not pass it up.

The striped fabric does not want to cooperate with the ruffle foot, and somehow the black ruffles ended just a few inches to short, but the striped ruffles had so much extra. But I am make steady progress and I'm enjoying the look so far.

I've got more ruffles to make/add. I need to sew the bustle parts into place. And the entire bodice to do.The skirt has a train which I will be pinning up for the party (being stepped on does get annoying) but will eventually make a dust ruffle to walk about with.

I've started calling it the Burton Dress. It seems fitting.


  1. Oooh yes, very fitting name! And it's coming along fabulously - stripes and ruffles galore!

    1. The trouble now is picking out which bodice I want to use. I had orginally planned on TV400. But now I'm looking at TV405 ad thinking that the vest in black would be just the thing. If only I had the time/funds/ability to make several bodices and pick my favorite.