Monday, November 6, 2017

The Last Tsar Dinner

Over the weekend a few friends and I got together to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the fall of the Romanov Dynasty. I have always been in love with Russian court gowns, and this anniversary was just the excuse I needed to make one (not that one really NEEDS an excuse, but with the amount of work it certainly makes one feel like it's more necessary).

I had so much fun putting this event together! I always do my best to make an event memorable for my guests because I know how much effort they put in to attending. I wish I could put in to words how moved I was to have them there looking as absolutely fabulous as they did.

I'll just share a few photos now. A post specifically about the dress will be made later when I'm a bit more recovered!


Trying to look regal!
Husband and I really trying to hold it together after a lot of drinking.

The group! So fabulous! I love them all so much for humoring me with this theme!!!

These two made sure I had on all the bling. I tend to mortify them with a usual lack of it. 







6 comments:

  1. You are an amazing hostess, this was such a fun, fab event, and you looked so, so stunning in your gown!! Loved everything about this night, so, so much fun was had, THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much darling! I can't tell you how happy I was to have you there, and how much it meant to me to see you all dazzled up and having a great time!!!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The pictures don't do all the guests justice. They just sparkled the whole time.

      Delete
  3. What a fun and original event theme! Everyone looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone really went all out. It was such a lovely site!

      Delete